DollarDays

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Shopping At Marshalls

Living cheap and looking good are easier done these days than they used to be. With stores like Marshalls and TJ Maxx, you can actually live cheap but look like a million bucks. I happen do a lot of shopping at Marshalls for my kids. In fact, I put a pair of Ralph Lauren Polo jeans on my two year old the other day and they looked fabulous on her, the perfect length and everything. Then I had to think about where I’d gotten them from. Suddenly it came to me, we’ve had those for three years now and I got them at Marshalls when my five year old was two. To really blow your mind, I’m almost certain that I paid less than $5.00 for them, at the most, I may have spent $7.99 on them. That should say a lot about the quality of clothing that you can get from Marshalls. For those of you who don’t know much about how a store like this works. Basically, they are what we consider a deep discount or closeout store. Which means, they sell name brand items anywhere from 25 to 90% off. It’s true. I was in there a few months ago and I saw some nice sweaters on a display. I look at the tag and they were selling for 99.00. Now you may be saying 99.00 is not cheap! Well when it’s a cashmere sweater whose original price was over 400.00 dollars, that kind of puts it in perspective for you and all of a sudden, the sweater is cheap! More specifically, what a store like Marshalls does is they make deals with top designers to buy their excess inventory or out-of-season inventory then they offer to people like you and I for an affordable price. I love that idea.! Marshalls is not just a clothing store, they also sell designer furniture, luggage and accessories. They sell men's clothing, professional and casual, they also have a nice selection of high end gadgets. The next time you are out shopping for a birthday gift for a kid or an adult, a Christmas gift (or whatever you celebrate) think Marshalls. The last item that I purchased there was a nice black leather purse for 15.00. In my mind it doesn’t matter who makes it, it’s leather, it black and it very well made. Anyway, it was by someone I’d never heard of. But you get my point. The purse I purchased before that was falling a apart within six months and I paid more for it. So cut out the high-priced middle man and shop at Marshalls. Saving money is not hard. Getting out of your old habits and/or routines may be difficult but even in this economy, saving money is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment